Owner Builder Insurance QLD
If you are considering owner-building, you are undoubtedly aware of the benefits of taking on a new build, remodel or renovation project yourself.
You get to mark your own stamp on every aspect of the project, you get to reap all the praise on successful completion and of course, you save significantly on financial costs – builder’s costs can amount to up to 25% of overall project fees after all.
However, are you aware of the owner builder requirements QLD government operates? Any owner builder QLD wide is required to assume specific responsibilities:
- You must only carry out the works covered in the application for your building permit.
- Any contractors employed to undertake any building work on your project must be licensed.
- You cannot perform plumbing, draining, gas-fitting or pest control works yourself unless you have an occupational licence within these specific trades.
- You need to have a licence to perform fire protection works higher than $1,100 in value.
- You must display an owner builder sign on your property while works are on-going.
- You must oversee quality control and safety standards with workmanship on site.
- You need to manage the resolution of any defective works.
- You must ensure you have appropriate insurance protection in place.
That last requirement we can help you with. At Qtrust, we have a long-standing reputation as the leading provider of owner builders insurance QLD.
We ensure financial protection for you and your family against legal claims arising from your self-build project. Owner builder projects are susceptible to the same risks as any building project.
Whether you are carrying out a simply bathroom renovation or a full new home build, several claim risks can arise.
Owner Builder Insurance for Any QLD Owner Builder
From employee to employee injury to neighbouring property damage, environmental accidents to contractor error, the potential for claims to arise from any QLD owner builder project is extensive. However with owner builder insurance in place, you are financially protected against any and all of these risks.
We’re not here to sell you an off-the-shelf owner builder insurance policy; we’re here to deliver an affordable policy customised to meet your specific needs.
We assess your financial and risk needs and match you with the best policy to suit…and we won’t be beaten on price! See for yourself – get an online quick quote in a matter of minutes via the Qtrust website.
Got a question? Need expert advice and assistance? Our trusted team are ready and waiting to take your call – phone us now on 1300 798 991.
What Should Owner Builder Insurance in QLD Cover
Not all owner builder insurance policies are the same, and many companies can deceive you into purchasing an insurance plan that doesn’t include the necessary cover you need for your project. If you’re a QLD owner builder, always bear in mind that your policy should include:
- Construction Insurance: This policy will cover you for any unforeseeable damage during construction such as: vandalism, theft, fire damage, storms, and wind and water damage
- Subcontractor and worker to worker injury
- Subcontractor actions
- Personal Accident/Injury: Personal accident and injury policies will ensure you’re covered against injury while working on your project.
- Volunteering Works: Even if you don’t have paid employees working on your project, anyone who has decided to help – including family and friends – will need to be covered.
- Workers’ Compensation: This applies for anyone who is being employed throughout the duration of your project.
Although many of these policies seem simple and should be included in all owner builder insurance policies, there are many companies that don’t cover you to this extent outlined above.
As well as this, many insurance companies also offer owner builder policies that don’t cover you for public liability. Having public liability insurance is a must on any project as you will be legally responsible for any harm that comes to a third-party individual while on your site – and the effects of a claim can be crippling without the right insurance.
Fortunately, any owner builder in QLD can receive comprehensive and extensive cover – including public liability insurance – when they purchase owner builder insurance from QTrust.
Why Should You Choose Owner Builders Insurance in QLD?
Many owner builders choose to get standard builders’ insurance for their project, but specialist owner builder insurance offers numerous financial and practical benefits. For example, many insurance policies for builders cover specialised equipment or specific scenarios that you won’t be involved with as an owner builder.
Thankfully, our policies for owner builders’ insurance in QLD are tailored around your requirements, saving you money and ensuring that you’re fully insured – but only in the areas that are relevant to your project.
Our Owner Builder Warranty Insurance in QLD
Another service of ours that can help any QLD owner builder property owner is our warranty insurance. This policy will protect the buyer of your property from any damages or expensive repairs that were caused by issues with your construction.
Our warranty service will give any potential buyers total peace of mind when purchasing your property and can increase its market value dramatically.
Who Can Use Owner Builder Insurance in QLD?
No matter what project you’re working on, whether it’s renovating your house or constructing a new building, it’s always a good idea to be covered. As long as you’re a certified owner builder in QLD, we can protect you with our bespoke insurance policies that will help save money and reduce hassle in the future.
Qtrust provide owner builder insurance for all owner builders in Australia. If you need owner builder warranty insurance or home renovation insurance, give us a call and let us talk you through your best options. We specialise in services for owner builders in NSW, Victoria, QLD and WA.