Owner Builder Insurance NSW
NSW owner builder, we salute you. Taking charge of your own home build, renovations or remodelling project is no mean feat. However, if you have the time and expertise, you can reap several rewards – not least financially by removing expensive builder’s costs.
You’ll get the opportunity to make your own mark on each step of the project and bask in pride when the finished project is finally unveiled. If committing to building your own home or undertaking works on your home in NSW, you’ll need to be aware of certain legal stipulations.
There many owner builder requirements NSW government authorities have put in place, including the need to apply for a permit if the works amount to more than $10,000 and most importantly, the need to assume full responsibility for all aspects of the project, including:
- Supervising all tradespeople on site
- Ordering all materials
- Securing all necessary council and local authority permissions and permits
- Ensuring financial, taxation and insurance requirements of the works fully comply with all laws
- Following your obligations under both the Workers Compensation Act 1987 and the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 to provide a safe work environment to all workers on site
- Ensuring any contractor employed to work on the project is licensed and insured to carry out the works they are contracted to undertake
- Ensuring that the materials and works are oh a high standard enabling the property to be fully and safely inhabitable
An important aspect to note is that in acting as the registered builder on the project, any owner builder NSW wide must ensure that they have adequate insurance in place.
After all, in the case of any injury to contractors or site visitors, any damage to the environment or surrounding properties, any theft of equipment and any unforeseeable risks such as weather damage, the costs of any resulting claims must be borne by you.
The leading owner builders insurance NSW provider
At Qtrust, we specialise in matching owner builders like you with the best-fit owner builder insurance NSW has to offer. We’re not here to sell you insurance.
We’re here to match you with the cover that is offers the right cover, capabilities and expertise for your specific financial and risk needs. Call our expert team today to discuss your queries, learn about legal obligations and the specific cover you require.
Are you ready to take out owner builder insurance? Get your best value quote online with Qtrust – simply log on to our website and get a quote within minutes.
Qtrust provide owner builder insurance for all owner builders in Australia. If you need owner builder warranty insurance or home renovation insurance, give us a call and let us talk you through your best options. We specialise in services for owner builders in NSW, Victoria, QLD and WA.